EVANS SWIM SCHOOL
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(Revised January 2021)
• All parents of children with lessons MUST report to the supervisor’s desk before the lesson to register their child’s/children’s attendance. This is to ensure that your child/children go into the right classes, and should we have to evacuate the pool area we need to know who is on the poolside. Under Health and Safety, we must produce a register. We will not be held responsible if you have not registered as set out above.
• Due to health & safety/insurance regulations under no circumstances must anyone get into the pool unless they are having a lesson and a teacher must be present. Children on the poolside must be always controlled and supervised.
• No outdoor shoes are to be worn on the poolside or pushchairs to be taken onto the poolside. If you do not want to take your shoes off, please use the shoe covers provided by the door.
• No eating or drinking on the poolside.
• Lessons are term time only. During half terms, we will be closed for weekday lessons, and we close the last weekend of half term only for the weekend lessons (i.e., 1 weekend only). We do hold intensive courses, lifesaving courses, stroke clinics, diving etc during some of the school holidays. Leaflets are available on the desk and from the office before any courses being held and will also be emailed out to you.
• Please note that all payments for lessons paid in advance are non-refundable. If for some reason (i.e., pool closure) we are unable to provide you with your normal swimming lessons you will be offered alternative lessons at one of our other venues. If you do not accept these alternative lessons, you will then be offered makeup lessons at a mutually convenient time for both parties. Any refunds are at the discretion of the management. Pool closures will be dealt with as follows: -
• One closure additional lesson offered
• Two closures additional lessons offered
• Three and more closures - for the following term credits are offered
• Refunds will not be given for any outstanding replacement sessions, and pupils will not be permitted to attend replacement sessions when not enrolled and actively attending lessons with Evans Swim school.
• If paying for half a term the first payment will be due on the dates as set out in your booking form and you will also be asked for a post-dated cheque for the second half term payment as set out on the booking form. Monthly payments. must be paid on the 1st of each month as set out in the booking forms.
• If payment has not been made within two weeks, we reserve the right to refuse entry into lessons until all fees are paid in full.
• PLEASE NOTE THAT ONCE YOU HAVE BOOKED IN YOU ARE BOOKED IN FOR THE WHOLE TERM AND WILL BE ASKED FOR PAYMENT FOR THE WHOLE TERM EVEN IF YOU ARE PAYING THE HALF TERM OR MONTHLY RATE. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU WISH TO STOP LESSONS DURING THE TERM YOU WILL STILL BE ASKED FOR THE WHOLE TERM PAYMENT.
• We will test for awards and certificates with your children as we find this gives them a sense of achievement and a goal to aim for together with added confidence. They will be tested for these awards. regularly.
• We cannot be held responsible for lost property so please ensure that your child collects all his/her belongings from the changing rooms before leaving. We also cannot be held responsible for pupils after the lesson is over.
• We do try to keep the same teacher each week unless the teacher is ill or away on holiday. We cannot telephone everyone to explain this but will put in a replacement teacher were necessary to keep the lessons as continuous as possible. All our staff are qualified teachers. All trained to the Swim England standard of qualifications and are DBS checked and lifesaving/first aid trained
• If at any time you have any problems, queries etc. please speak to our supervisor on the desk, and they will pass the message on to the office and they will get back to you.
• We would ask that no cameras/ camcorders or filming devices are used on the poolside, please. This includes the use of mobile phones, tablets /iPad, under the Child Protection Act these cannot be used. This is in the interest of the safety of your child/children.
• Please ensure that your child does not eat or drink anything for at least two hours before their lesson. If vomit or faecal contamination occurs in the pool, and we are fined for this by the pool operators then we may have no alternative but to pass on 50% of any costs incurred by the school. If you are in any doubt that your child is unwell, please do not bring them swimming we will always offer you another lesson for the one missed.
• Changing rooms are not the responsibility of teachers or coaches, anyone under the age of 8 years must be supervised by their parents or guardian.
• If your child misses a lesson for a valid or medical reason and you give us 24 HOURS NOTICE we will endeavour to offer you an additional lesson (a maximum of two per term). This can be done either by speaking to the office during office hours Monday to Thursday 9.30 am to 5 pm or out of office hours please either email or leave a message on the answerphone. Failure to do so may result in an additional lesson being refused. Any further absences and you will not be offered an additional lesson. In the event of serious illness, hospitalisation, broken limbs, family bereavement, please notify the office to come to some arrangement. We reserve the right to request a doctor’s note or letter for clarification, especially with ongoing health issues. Additional lessons cannot be attended during badge weeks
•We comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 with retained GDPR Provisions. Personal data is held to contact parents or guardians in the event of emergencies during training sessions and to internally market our club events. Data is also used for administration and accounting purposes and staff management. You may request access to any data we hold on you, please contact the office for further information on access requests.
Should you decide to enrol with Evans Swim School, you are agreeing to the above stated terms and conditions.